Install Sobol Bot
While it's possible to use Sobol without installing Sobol Bot, 99% of the time you'll want to install Sobol Bot for your Discord.
With Sobol Bot installed, you can do things like:
• Sync users between your Discord and your Sobol instance* • Give Sobol permissions to specific Discord roles • Map Discord roles to specific Teams in Sobol • Set update reminders to ping specific Team stakeholders in Discord
In order to setup bot provisioning between Sobol and Discord, the following are required:
- You need a Sobol account and have Admin permissions for a Sobol Organization.
- You must already be a Discord User and EITHER hold server ownership or have a role with the “Manage Server” permission enabled.
- 1.Find Settings on the main left hand side menu.
- 2.Expand Organization Settings and click on Applications.
- 3.Once in Applications, click on the + Add Application button (top right corner).
- 4.Once the modal opens, click on the Discord app from the selection.
- 5.Once the app has been installed, configurations will open in the side panel.
- 1.A browser window will open and will require you to:
- 1.Select the server you wish to install the bot on.
- 2.Authorize the Sobol Bot with the prescribed Discord permissions set.
- 2.And voila! Sobol Bot should ping you from Discord Server.
In your Discord Server, add your Sobol API Key to Sobol Bot so that it can establish a connection with your Sobol Organization. Enter the following command:
<SOBOL_API_KEY>- paste the key you generated and copied in the previous step.
Congratulations, you have installed the bot and connected your Discord server with Sobol.